Sunday, March 20, 2011

Powder Room Update

We had a nice vanity in our downstairs powder room but, we decided to make it a little more sophisticated.
This one was recycled by installing it in our daughter's master bathroom.
I bought this piece of furniture at a garage sale about 10 years ago. It looks like a chest of drawers but, was originally a clever TV cabinet. The top 3 "drawers" are actually a door that used to lift up and slide back to reveal a space large enough to hold a tube-type television.
I rehung the door to open from the right side and cut a hole for the sink.
Richard helped me repair the floor and did all of the plumbing.
I flipped the light fixture over, took off its glass globes and added lampshades.
The mirror, starfish collection, and sterling silver dish under the soap dispenser are all garage sale finds.
I'd like to add grass cloth wallpaper one day, but I'm holding out for a good deal...

2 comments:

Megan said...

Looks great! And thanks for letting us recycle the old vanity!

Neal Wilcox said...

This is awesome Mom! Very cool. Hey guess what! I miss you guys!